Friday 7 November 2014

Neck injury

I've pulled something in my neck that flared up after shrugs yesterday. I thought I might be able to ride it out without seeing a physio with some voltaren gel and sleeping on a heat bag but today it seemed like it was getting worse so I made an appointment.

The diagnosis is actually better than I was expecting, just some strained muscles in my neck which he has freed up with some massage. Don't need another appointment unless it doesn't get better. I can also return to the gym immediately so long as I keep the weight low.

He also recommended I spend some time stretching out my pecs as they are tight and pulling my shoulders forward and effecting my posture. He also said I should take anti-inflammatory tablets over the voltaren gel as it's likely the gel isn't penetrating deeply enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment