Thursday 20 August 2015

Chilli Beef with Aged Cheddar and Chunky Guacamole

In advance I cooked off 500g of high fat beef mince with 2 brown onions. Seasoned the mince with chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, oregano, ground cumin, ground coriander seeds, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder with salt and pepper. I also added a bit of tomato paste for a hint of sweetness.
Once the meat was pretty much cooked I added 200ml of water to soften up the onions a bit more. Once the water had completely simmered down I took it off the heat and then stored it in the fridge.

Guacamole recipe was 1 Haas Avo, Juice from half a lime and a diced whole chilli (kept the seeds). Just mashed it all up with a fork.

This recipe has 125g cheddar on it but I think a 1 part cheese 2 part meat is a better ratio.

Pre-oven shot
Fresh out of the oven
Finished product, garnished with heaps of coriander
1954 cals 128g Fat (59%) 24g carbs (5%) and 173g protein (36%)

No comments:

Post a Comment