Monday 21 March 2016

20th March Heavy Weight/Low Rep Pull Workout

20th March Heavy Weight/Low Rep Pull Workout

Wide Grip Weighted Pullups +30kg 4 +20kg 4,3
Barbell Bicep Curls 45kg 4,3 40kg 5
Dumbbell Rows 54kg each 4,3,3
Barbell Shrug 120kg 8,8,8
Dumbbell Incline Hammer Curl 22kg each 4,3,3
Mixed Grip Cable Rows 107kg 4,4,4

Good but not great workout today. Didn't have the bang factor I'm accustomed to on on my weighted pull ups which could be caused by 1 or 2 factors, my extended break from lifting (last pull workout was 2 weeks ago) or because I normally have a rest day prior to a heavy lifting day to make sure I'm ready to smash it but this time I didn't.

I also cooked my forearms/grip strength doing barbell curls instead of using the EZ curl bar so I underperformed on dumbbell rows. Made up for it by doing some mixed grip cable rows at the end though which took my forearms out of the equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment